Saturday 9 March 2019

DESPERADO


we think sometimes that poverty
is only being hungry, naked and homeless
the poverty of being unwanted
unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty


mother teresa



D E S P E R A D O
sound up









a desperado has nothing to lose
so everything is on the table
and anything is possible


a jim lamarche remix
from the album ONE LIFE
assembled in logic audio and final cut


  read more of Jim's blog posts here 

LISTEN TO ONE LIFE  >>>  HERE 











FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH
the story behind Desperado

slow fades are good

I like long cross-dissolves best
ample time to leave one thought behind
before entering a new one 

in and around 1983, my wife to be
Jody Terio and I put a show together
and performed it to a modest/artsy/financially challenged 
Thursday night crowd at the Rivoli on Queen West in Toronto
it was called Nuclear Cartoons
I wrote the title track
we were in our 20's
and had a lot
in common

I had just met her and she inspired me 
it was all very crude, but I remember
the crowd responding by clapping
after each piece
genuinely appreciating
the effort we had put into it

it was an audio-visual thing
we had taken out a 16mm film projector
from Toronto Public Library (free)
something you could do back then
and we showed holocaust pictures
and synchronized the music
I had created during downtime
at the recording studio
where I worked at the time

there was this new thing called VHS
but the players were a TV thing and
we wanted larger, projected images

since then, a cinematic sensibility
is something I've been drawn to 
new sounds and pictures

36 years later
and a tad more refined
it's kinda what I wanted to do back then
and now can - my mission
a new vocation
resurrected

I'm still on the clock
but it's my clock



.


No comments:

Post a Comment