Wednesday 4 September 2024

THE CIRCLE



high on the hill in this red room by the ocean
we lay down on the floor of this house that you were formed in
and the marks on your skin tell your story to my fingers
close my eyes like a blind man and I wait to ride the night


T H E  C I R C L E
GOA INDIA

volume up . 1080p


scroll to bottom for story
watch clip first















out is the moon as it lights a naked shoulder

and this scar that it leaves is it all that you take with you
as the fires all ignite like one thousand magic lanterns
close my eyes like a blind man and I wait to ride the night




optimized for night vision




a jim lamarche remix
from the album TEMPLE REDUX
assembled in photoshop, logic audio & final cut
featuring the Roland System 8




source music w/tom bailey & alannah currie





saturn cassini photographic animation:
directed by steven van vuuren





read more of Jim's blog posts here 

scroll down







 


 







see the ONE LIFE album/page here >>>
http://www.jimlamarche.ca/onelife/


see the new TWO LIVES album/page here >>>
http://www.jimlamarche.ca/twolives/




see the new THREE LIVES album/page here >>>









T H E  C I R C L E




a raglan manor production
sept '24



special thanks to GRADO LABS in Brooklyn NY
for understanding how headphones
should be made














 







THE CIRCLE: story

I was browsing in an independent CD store on Queen West in Toronto
guessing early '97 and they were playing this disc
through their sound/speakers

"who's this"? asking the rustic dude behind the counter
He handed me the empty disc case ... "Babble, New Zealand" he said
"The guy from Thompson Twins, new band"
Right. I need this, 'sold'.

An hour later, ripping off the celophane - impatient
Thinking WTF - Thompson Twins? Right
OMFG

New Sony CD player
Marantz 1060 integrated power
Stax electostatic headphones
(a puff of inspiration)


ok, make no mistake about it
there were some sordid substances 
in the mix - there and here

I listened to it every day for a month
then once a week
once a month
then once a year


Guessing my last spin maybe 2003 - 2004


YouTube surfing in late 2024 - Jesus, BABBLE!
sifting through my discs - finding it, putting it on and ...
still holds up 30 years later
gotta do a remix of this


so cool























\





.




No comments:

Post a Comment