Monday 13 March 2023

NATIVE TONGUE 23



it's in my - chiado
charles alexander eastman (Ohiyesa)





N A T I V E  T O N G U E  2 3
volume up, 720p

(story below)










optimized for night vision



a jim lamarche remix

from the album TEMPLE REDUX
assembled in logic audio and final cut

featuring the roland system 8


source music w/ben woods, aljosha konstanty & vincent camacho












native tongue: story
june 16, 2021



Canadian winters aren't in themselves
depressing

I've been disconnected from my lifeline
you see, having been a daily swimmer
for decades I've been in a downward spiral in that
an absence of cool moisture brings too 
an absence of sanity
and hope

those who don't swim
rarely get it - let's say it's
a turbulent purge after 4 months in lockdown purgatory, toronto
having had little inspiration to do anything but fish for bits
I had all the pieces of this puzzle roughly in order
before plunging into cold water and returning
to this new place just 3 hours ago
after no swims for months
and

finishing it 

but first today, a frigid 60 lengths at Alex Duff pool
guessing 18C (64F) - yes cold - amazing!
an effortless assembly unfolding 
in my little studio here in north high park
like dominos falling
finishing & mounting is my
favourite thing to do

fresh
welcome back

I'm gonna sleep 
like a baby
tonight












see the ONE LIFE album/page here >>>
http://www.jimlamarche.ca/onelife/

see the new TWO LIVES album/page here >>>
see the new THREE LIVES album/page here >>>


read more of Jim's blog posts here 

.

project credits/contributors/links listed below
listen to the youtube album ONE LIFE  >>>  HERE
(play all)


special thanks to GRADO LABS in Brooklyn NY
for understanding how headphones
should be made





.


No comments:

Post a Comment