Sunday 14 August 2022

DIWALI 22



I'll take that mango lassi
to go

perhaps a closer look
at a yearly commemorative
of India's annual 'festival of lights'
kind of like our Halloween & Christmas
rolled into one - only way cooler

I was there Oct-Dec 2008 - Mohali Punjab
our approaching winter is their
mid summer; warm, fragrant
magic 

it was 14 years ago tonight
tis the eve of











remembered in pictures

waking up (very) late my first day there 
shower then downstairs to the restaurant
serious jet-lag 

firecrackers, lanterns & music in the streets
sitting while he pours me a coffee
"getting dark so early here"
(sun low, so warm)

dream like

massive front windows
looking out

asking my waiter
'what's going on'?
(surreal - soaking it in)

"It's the Diwali sir"
stepping outside - BAM
other worldly
kids running around with sparklers  
dogs - colours
smells like curry everywhere

welcome to India


this is Diwali 22

a once in a lifetime
kind of thing remembered



D I W A L I  2 2
volume up - 720p (a must)




optimized for night vision




.
 









feels like late summer here
warm, fragrant
getting dark at 5pm wow
balmy breeze, lovely

I love Bollywood
and I love the Diwali

smoke, orange lanterns, contained fires
musky fragrances, stray dogs, gifts & costumes
fireworks

3 days to get here
and 3 months to go
I think so



watch/listen to ONE LIFE here



from the 3 part mini-series DIWALI 22




collaborating artists/film-makers credited
in YouTube (to the best of my ability)
you are many












remixes by jim lamarche


assembled in photoshop, logic audio & final cut


featuring the Roland System 8

 read more of Jim's blog posts here 


listen to the album ONE LIFE  >>>  HERE
(play all)





D
 I W A L I  2 2
a celebration of India & the world











No comments:

Post a Comment